Senior Web Developer- Bristol- Permanent- £Competitive
Category: PR and Communications
Status: Vacancy filled
Posted: August 2, 2018
Permanent and full-time
Are you a talented Senior Web Developer looking to join a dynamic and growing development team? Or are you looking for a step-up in your career? Does your love of all things digital go beyond the code and get under the skin of the user? Do you obsess about clean, performant code? If yes, you may be interested in what we’ve got to offer.
Named the “Best Drupal House in Europe” by Panasonic’s Marketing Director, we’ve been providing multi-site solutions for over 7 years, including:
- European Business Sites with 90,000 pages in 22 Languages
- B2B Portals for North America and Germany
- Product Databases utilised in Japan and Europe
- Dashboard for creating Marketing Collateral
Our continued growth means we need talented senior web developers to join our dedicated team of developers, testers, digital designers and content editors. You’ll be working with Panasonic, and other clients in Europe, the middle east, the US and UK to create industry-leading web applications.
What you’ll be needing…If it’s all sounding rather marvellous so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for. You’ll likely be a passionate all-rounder who can roll up their sleeves to get stuck in. And just as importantly, you’ll be a good egg. Once we’ve had our morning coffee we’re a very friendly lot, so we want a professional yet affable person on our team.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience or training.
- Solid industry PHP experience (6+ years).
- Strong knowledge of MySQL.
- Standards-compliant HTML and CSS.
- Excellent knowledge of Git Version Control.
- Drupal, especially Headless Drupal.
- Symfony and MVC methodologies.
- Knowledge of jsonapi.org spec.
- 3rd party APIs.
- Responsive site building.
- Strong understanding of Linux and Apache configuration.
- Performance optimisation (e.g. Memcache).
- Docker and Ansible.
- Sass and other front-end preprocessor tools such as Gulp or Grunt.
- Issue-tracking software, such as Redmine.
- Writing technical specifications.
Bonus points for experience in…What you’ll be doing…You’ll work alongside the Project and Client Services teams, reporting directly to the Head of Development and Director of Digital to ensure the smooth delivery and outstanding performance of sites on a global scale.
A typical day will be filled with lots of PHP and Drupal, and you’ll be developing web-based and standalone applications for exciting and varied projects that range from several days to several months.
We’re an enthusiastic bunch, always striving to improve our collective skills and willing to try new things (when it comes to digital at least!). So, if you’re keen on teamwork and continual development (excuse the pun) you’ll fit right in.
It’s often fast-paced with super-tight deadlines, but you’ll have the chance to work with some of the latest technologies, including Ansible, Elasticsearch, Angular JS and Headless Drupal. Although not vital, any experience with these will be a massive bonus.
- Eagle-eyed when it comes to detail, with a love of clean, secure, well-documented code.
- Able to debug and investigate problems efficiently.
- Knowledgeable of the importance of performance optimisation.
- Experienced as a technical lead on large scale projects.
- Rather brilliant at personal time management in order to deliver projects to mutually agreed deadlines.
- Able to provide both time and financial estimates for allocated work.
- Flexible in your approach, and able to cope with multiple projects at any one time.
- An excellent communicator.
- A team player who is comfortable leading a project or working within a team.
- Highly professional and presentable.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Comfortable in front of clients and facilitating requirements gathering.
- Experienced with helping to mentor other team members.
What you’ll be getting…
- A competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience.
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities.
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Maternity and paternity benefits.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and a shower at the office!).
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Access to independent financial advice.
- Frequent social events.
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle.
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do, but have fun while they do it.
Who we are…
Based in vibrant Bristol, we are a highly respected, international creative agency with a focus on measurable results.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications and web builds.
We’ve been in the business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 70+. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.