Junior Web QA Tester
Junior Web QA Tester
Permanent and full-time
Up to £26K (Depending on experience)
Our client, a fantastic award-winning agency are looking for a Junior Web QA Tester to join their ever growing team based in central Bristol.
Are you a methodical and super-particular Web QA Tester, with at least 2 years’ experience (or equivalent knowledge) and a wide range of software projects under your belt? Are you a stickler for proper processes, but totally flexible when it comes to managing your time? If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting directly to the Head of Testing, you will be conducting testing on a wide range of websites and web apps. You’ll also work closely with designers, developers, creative directors, other testers and account managers to deliver complex systems with the highest levels of quality.
Daily tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Testing websites for functionality, accuracy and adherence to web standards and design.
- Providing input for business analysts and software developers to help review functional specifications and define acceptance criteria.
- Experience at all testing phases from test preparation to test execution.
- Recording and reporting testing results to the project team.
- Demonstrable experience of testing a wide range of websites, with sound understanding of test processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Brilliant analytical skills and knowledge of test-case creation techniques.
- Excellent visual awareness and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of content management systems (CMS) or similar multi-user workflow based systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Awareness of software development lifecycle methodologies.
Required skills and behaviours:
- A team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Able to self-manage to ensure projects are completed on time, and above expectations.
- Flexible, and able to cope with multiple projects at any one time.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agency with tight deadlines.
Required knowledge and experience:
- Experience of testing Drupal applications.
- ISTQB-certified to Foundation Level or greater.
- Working in different methodologies including Waterfall and Agile Frameworks.
- An understanding of HTML and using browser tools to diagnose issues.
- Experience of API testing, in particular Postman or SoapUI.
- Database testing experience (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle etc.).
- Some experience in Windows scripting language, i.e. VBScript, PowerShell, Batch Script, WMI, etc.
- Previous experience or knowledge of testing for website accessibility (WCAG AA level).
- Experience of automated testing using Selenium or Selenium WebDriver.
This role is offered with a competitive salary,flexible working (including core hours, flexible and extended lunch breaks, late starts for business travellers and remote working), 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, Training and development opportunities – ISTQB training (if required) and industry-relevant conference attendance. Healthcare cash plan, private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme with secure bike racks and retail and gym discounts to name but a few.
If you are a talented Junior Web QA Tester and looking for a fresh new challenge, please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful this time around.Tags: Junior Web QA Tester, Tester