Junior Business Analyst
Junior Business Analyst
Are you a talented Business Analyst with a knack for turning requirements into solutions? Do you excel in problem solving and generating solutions for user needs and internal pain points? Can you display a deep knowledge of user experience? If so, we may have the perfect role for you!
Our client, a thriving, award winning international creative agency are experiencing a period of continued growth and urgently need a Junior Business Analyst to join their dedicated team of developers, testers, digital designers and content editors. You’ll be working with a specific global client and other clients in Europe, the middle east, the US and UK to create industry-leading web applications.
The successful Junior Business Analyst will help define the functional and digital solutions needed to fulfil the business needs of clients. Together with the design and development team, you will translate your findings, in order to determine an effective solution that will meet and surpass your client’s aims, ensuring the completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks for software features. This is a varied role, working with diverse clients and projects.
Day to day tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the team in gathering and defining clients’ business objectives, through client meetings, workshops and briefs.
- Identifying and presenting possible solutions / future processes.
- Creating documents that detail solutions, including user stories and acceptance criteria, that will form the basis of the project functionality and estimate.
- Prioritisation of client requirements to aid with decisions on development phasing.
- Examining and mapping user journeys and flow diagrams.
- Mocking up wireframes of intended functionality.
- Creating functional specifications to relay back to the client and internal team.
- Creating documentation to present concepts, research findings and explain key solutions to clients and stakeholders.
- Continual effective communication and liaison with clients and internal team, ensuring all documentation remains current and accurate, for future reference.
- Helping to perform quality assurance against defined specifications, and throughout the development of a project, ensuring that the original requirements and the clients aims are met.
- Identifying any potential problems that may affect schedules or specifications and notifying the relevant parties.
- Producing training manuals / documentation and training clients in using new systems implemented.
- At least 18 months experience in a similar role.
- Experience in business/systems analysis in order to draw business-relevant conclusions.
- Experience in creating requirements, scopes, functional specifications or similar documents.
- Experience in mapping processes and creating flows.
- Brilliant personal time management and prioritisation skills in order to deliver tasks and projects in a timely fashion.
- A hands-on approach to problem solving; identifying issues and using your initiative and available resources to generate ideas and solutions.
- Previous experience working with / defining websites, CMS systems and mobile applications.
- Experience with CRM or DAM systems.
Personal attributes and traits:
- Excellent at problem solving.
- Proven at getting to the heart of what a client wants and needs.
- Meticulously eagle-eyed when it comes to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Able to work on a project confidently, calmly and quickly under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent at notetaking and requirement capturing, especially in high paced environments such as client workshops.
- Methodical and highly organised.
- Positive and enthusiastic (even on a Monday morning!).
- A real team player, working closely with other BAs and the project team (PM, designers, developers and testers), contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas, but comfortable working alone when required.
- Dab-hand at analysing and documenting user and business processes.
- An excellent verbal, written and technical communicator.
- Hardworking and flexible with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ working hours when required.
This new Junior Business Analyst role is offered with a competitive salary and a huge range of benefits including: 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, training and development opportunities, company pension scheme, maternity and paternity benefits, profit share scheme, healthcare cash plan, private medical insurance, flexible working including core hours, flexible and extended lunch breaks, late starts for business travellers and remote working amongst others.
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this new role and would relish a new challenge, please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.Tags: Creative agency, Junior Business Analyst