HR & Office Manager TV Production
HR and Office Manager
We have a very exciting opportunity for a full time HR and Office Manager to join a small but fast-growing independent TV production company based in Bristol, with innovative factual programming and conservation at its heart.
You will need a broad range of HR or production recruitment experience and ideally you will have CIPD level 5 or above. You’ll have already worked within a creative/media/television environment or be able to demonstrate that your skills and experience are quickly transferable. To be effective in the role, you will need to be self-motivated, solution focussed and highly organised, able to work at pace within a growing company.
The role is key to finding, attracting and retaining the best talent to make the best programmes in the industry. You will report into Director level and have one direct report to assist you, primarily with the efficient running of the office.
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain links with key talent within the industry including key organisations
- Oversee the development of activities to promote diversity and inclusion within the company
- Respond to enquiries and proactively manage internal talent database anticipating future needs
- Manage the recruitment and selection process in conjunction with a senior Production Manager and Editorial Lead
- Manage the on boarding process for new starters including employment checks, issuing contracts, adding to payroll, organising laptop etc.
- Manage the offboarding process for leavers
- Maintain accurate staff records and employee polices and handbooks, ensuring HR regulatory and GDPR compliance
- Co-ordinate input to monthly payroll report and sign off final report
- Oversee staff leave and monitor sickness and absence across company
- Review and implement HR best practice and deal with HR queries from other managers with support from HR consultancy
- Oversee the smooth running of the office ensuring that production teams needs are supported
- Manage Covid protocols within the office and ensure compliance with Government guidelines
- Provide first level advice to help resolve IT issues with support from IT consultancy
- Improve and streamline office administration processes
Skills and experience needed:
- Self-motivated, highly organised, emotionally intelligent and able to work at pace
- Excellent interpersonal and communication, networking and social media skills
- Broad range of HR or production recruitment experience with ability to think innovatively
- Able to stay calm and focussed and re-prioritise work as needed
- Able to work independently, confidentially and accurately
- Experience within a creative/media/television environment or be able to demonstrate that your skills and experience are quickly transferable
- Excellent MS Office skills including SharePoint
- Degree level
- CIPD level 5 or above desirable