Are you a capable middleweight digital designer? Are you looking to join a growing creative team that works with national and global B2B brands? Does your thinking go beyond the look and feel of a project, to get under the skin of the user experience?
If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Based in vibrant Bristol, our client is a highly respected, international creative agency.
Whether on or offline, they provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand-building, events, product communications and web builds.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Digital Design, working alongside our Creative Director and Executive Creative Director.Usability will drive everything you do, as you create, evolve and contribute to the development of our clients’ digital design communications strategies.
Below are just some of the tasks your typical day will be filled with…
- Truly understanding your clients’ objectives and markets and working with them to deliver creative but commercial solutions. These could include:
- Web applications
- Interaction design
- UX/IA design
- Concepts and proposals
What you’ll be needing
- 3-5 years’ experience in a marketing/agency, or similar, environment.
- A love of bringing concepts to life through animation and interactivity using HTML5, InVision and InVision Studio.
- Experience translating your design into usable wireframes, using software such as Axure/UXPin, and being part of the usability testing process.
- Experience working with pattern and design libraries.
- Conceptual creativity, excellent typographic flair, visualising skills and a good understanding of design that grabs attention, elicits a response and sells.
- An understanding of social media.
- A commercial understanding of the importance of working to budgets.
- Excellent organisational skills:
- Able to prioritise a high volume of projects and processes.
- A hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Able to deliver projects in a timely fashion.
- Great attention to detail.
- Quality assurance skills.
- The ability to work productively with your team and other specialists – such as developers, copywriters, strategic thinkers, account managers and digital project managers – contributing and sharing best practices, knowledge and ideas.
- Respect for client and company confidentiality.
- Confidence, combined with an ability to learn quickly.
- A level head, with the ability to take on projects and produce great work independently of guidance or direction.
Technical skills required
- Adobe Creative Suite, HTML5, HTML/CSS, Axure, UXPin, Sketch,
Google Web Designer, InVision, InVision Studio.
- Ability to use Mac OS-X operating system.
- A conceptual thinker who can help us develop new digital solutions.
- An effective communicator.
- Comfortable being part of a team who persuasively sell-in to clients.
- Punctual and professional.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Committed, hungry to progress and develop. We’ll want you to build strong and lasting relationships with your colleagues and clients, while developing a long and successful career in the longer term.
- Hardworking and flexible, with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ hours when required. (This isn’t a regular thing, never fear, but it can happen every so often).
Bonus points for (but not a necessity)
- Ideally, you’ll have some further advanced coding knowledge, including JS.
- Experience working with technology and financial services clients.
- Capability in moving image.
What you’ll be getting
- A competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience.
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities.
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Company pension scheme.
- Maternity and paternity benefits.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers at the office!).
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Weekly foodie pop-ups in our café and frequent social events.
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle.
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this lovely new role, please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying for our roles, unfortunately this is not possible due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you have not been contacted within 10 working days from the date you submitted your CV, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Tags: Creative agency, digital designer