Core working pattern: Mon to Friday 9.00am-5.30pm
Our lovely client who has just moved to fantastic new premises in the Creative Quarter of Bristol, have just asked us to find an experienced Account Manager to handle client accounts. The successful Account Manager will provide day to day campaign implementation, taking ownership of results against targets, liaising and reporting to clients whilst providing a range of public relations and social media consultancy services.Responsibilities will also include managing Account Execs/ Account Co-ordinators that you work with on your client accounts.
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years’ PR / marketing experience, preferably gained within an agency or established in-house team
- Strong communication skills
- A strong sense of initiative
- Ability to take ownership of projects to completion
- Organised & efficient
- Ability to be proactive and show initiative
- Attention to detail
- Experience of social media
- Strong knowledge of how the media operates
- Writing skills for media and business communications
- Negotiation skills (suppliers)
- Strong time management skills
- Management skills /experience in managing people
- Good knowledge of basic business software(Office)
- Punctual and presentable
- A good understanding of how social media aggregator platforms work
- Awareness and interest in current and consumer affairs
- Commercial awareness
- Online monitoring tools
- Creative/ability to generate ideas
- Presentation skills
Day to day duties will include but are not limited to:
- You will be responsible for the execution and implementation of client campaigns this will include researching and drafting copy that can be used in press releases, online, features and in social media communications channels. You will pitch stories to the media, secure and monitor coverage.
- You should monitor client sectors, topics of interest and make your team aware of issues and opportunities.
- You will liaise with clients on approval of copy and costs relating to their campaigns. You will manage your account team to ensure delivery of actions to deadline and with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- You will maintain good, clear and organised client files.
- You should be able to generate creative ideas and communicate these to your team and, as appropriate, to clients to form the basis of open discussion. You should be able to take a client brief and translate it into campaign actions. You should be able to work as part of your account team and the wider business team.
- You will be required to attend meetings, and report back to clients on results achieved and work in progress.
- You will be responsible for monthly reporting of actions against targets to clients and will keep up to date timesheets to track and monitor your progress. You will participate in internal update meetings and work with your account team to ensure jobs required are completed to the standard expected.
- You should be aware of colleagues’ workloads and offer support, training and mentoring when required (particularly to junior staff).
- You will participate in the company’s new business activities and take part in brainstorm sessions and attend pitches where you will be required to present basic ideas to clients.
- You will manage and develop your own contacts via ongoing networking.
- You should maintain good organisations skills and ensure that deadlines – both internal and external are adhered to and that you keep your colleagues up to date with your progress.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and fancy a fresh, new challenge in an exciting and fast paced industry, please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying for our roles, unfortunately this is not possible due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you have not been contacted within 10 working days from the date you submitted your CV, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Tags: Account Manager, PR, Project management