The Bristol Media Barometer 2014
Bristol Media’s Barometer is a survey of the creative industries in Bristol and Bath, which aims to shine a light on the creative scene across the region and currently sits as one of 9 creative hotspots around the UK.
16,000 jobs make up the creative sector in Bristol and Bath, so it’s not surprising that Bristol and Bath creative organisations are 50% more productive than the rest of the country.
Here are a few key facts that stood out for us:
- 40% of respondents feel it is harder to find the right talent for their company compared to last year.
- Nearly half of respondents said that expansion was in the agenda this year.
- 85% of all work is now carried out in-house by full-time professionals rather than free-lance professionals.
- There should be a push to train and motivate key members of staff, or risk losing them to other expanding companies taking advantage of economic growth.
- 76% of creative companies are feeling more confident about business prospects this coming year.
- 62% of creative companies have reported increased turnover.
- 50% of companies are anticipating an increase in staff levels over the next 12 months.
- New business is accounting for 41% of all sales. Here at Creative Bristow we can certainly vouch for that!
To read more and enjoy the full article please click here.
Economy is clearly on the up, with a 3.6% growth predicted this coming year. Are you gearing up for this expected growth? If you’re seeking a creative marketing specialist to fill a spot in your business or would like to discuss a live brief please get in touch, we’d welcome hearing from you.